Old December 3rd 08, 05:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

On 3 Dec, 17:46, 1506 wrote:
I didn't think there were too many left in NYC. *I can only recall one
short section in Manhattan. *Do the other Boroughs have many Els left?

Brooklyn is chockablock with them, and I think most of the Subway
network in Queen's is elevated.

(also, I'd question whether you can build a true El with brick
viaducts, given the lack of space underneath them)