Old December 8th 03, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default A couple of questions on Oystercards

In message , TheOneKEA
writes
Kat wrote in message
In message , Robin May
writes
(TheOneKEA) wrote the following in:
. com

2. I am a full-time university student, and when I discovered that
I could get ahold of a Student Photocard and use that to get
discounts, I acquired one. The problem is, I don't know how to use
it! Is there a place where I can read about how to use a Student
Photocard? (This one is the green variety with the "Student" label
and it has an XA prefix, if that means anything).

Go to a tube ticket office and ask for a student monthly LT card or
whatever sort of ticket it is you want.

Show your student photocard and get a 30% discount

Is it really that easy? I tried showing it at the Richmond ticket office
one time and was informed that I coudln't use it. All I have to do is present
it at the window and I'll get a Photocard-required ticket that costs 30% less?

That was probably because the Student Photocard will only give you a
discounted LT Travelcard which isn't valid for NR (with a few exceptions
recently discussed here)
--
Kat Frogs have it easy. They can eat what bugs them.