Old December 3rd 08, 07:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 18:15:53 +0000, Tom Anderson
wrote:

Outside Manhattan, the subway is substantially, perhaps even mostly,
elevated. It includes sections running on top of roads, and the
marvellous and entirely aerial Broadway Junction:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=40.677957%2C-73.902283
http://www.hopetunnel.org/subway/nyct/010219/117.jpg
http://flickr.com/photos/hielkeoud/2613825920/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coverwi...on/3014806927/
http://flickr.com/photos/jpchan/2368185126/

The Street View mode on the google map is a pretty good way to take
a look round the structure.

Curse you Mr Anderson - that Google Street View is just too good.
That looks the most amazing structure and I'm sure there are other
amazing subway junctions to sit and peruse. I fear I may go square
eyed while undertaking more research. Now if only the Americans would
stop treating visitors like potential terrorists I'd be persuaded to

They seem to have a lot of "bridges" which are practically a couple of rails
in the air. The only time I've ever seen the underside of a train in England
was in the subway (i.e. pedestrian underpass) under the Volks Railway.