Old December 3rd 08, 10:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, 1506 wrote:

On Dec 3, 10:02*am, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 3 Dec, 17:46, 1506 wrote:

I didn't think there were too many left in NYC. *I can only recall one
short section in Manhattan. *Do the other Boroughs have many Els left?

Brooklyn is chockablock with them, and I think most of the Subway
network in Queen's is elevated.

(also, I'd question whether you can build a true El with brick
viaducts, given the lack of space underneath them)

Point taken, although I wonder what options were available in the 1860s?

Piles of compacted commoners.

tom

--
There's spaceships, snappy dialogue, death cultists, likeable characters,
underwater combat, assassinations of public figures for their own good,