Old December 3rd 08, 11:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New London Taxi

In article ,
(Mike Hughes) wrote:

In message ,
writes
In article ,
(Mike Hughes) wrote:

And finally, what's the uptake on the Mercs been like?

They hope to have 150 in service by the end of Jan

Out of, how many licensed cabs is it? 22,000?

Just slightly under the last time I checked (October 2007)

I was judging by the fact that they are replacing plate 99999 about now
and must have issued plate 32000 by now because a plate in the high 31800s
expires a year after last week (they start again at 10000 after 99999).

--
Colin Rosenstiel