Old December 4th 08, 01:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Fares to Shepherd's Bush Overground

On 4 Dec, 14:22, wrote:
I'm going to a comedy recording at Wood Lane on Friday so I thought I
would change at Clapham Junction for the new Shepherds Bush overground
station.

It's a fair old walk, although I guess you could go through Westfield
on the way (or you can walk along the south side of it without
venturing in). But I'd get the tube from SB to WC.

When I looked it up on the National rail Enquiries website I was
surprised to find that the cheapest off peak return is £16.00. *I can
get a return to London with travelcard for £16.80! *

That's super-off peak, which means it's valid on fewer trains to
London than the £16 off-peak ticket, although this may not affect you.

A return to
Clapham Junction is £11.50 and from C Jn to Shep Bush is £3.00 so I am
surprised that a through ticket is more expensive.

But the £11.50 is super-off peak. The off-peak fare to CJ is £14.10,
which fits with the £16 off-peak to SB. There doesn't seem to be a
super off-peak fare to Shepherd's Bush, hence the anomaly.