Old December 4th 08, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John B John B is offline

Default Fares to Shepherd's Bush Overground

On Dec 4, 2:27*pm, wrote:
So what is the cheapest fare? *Or can I rely on a Fleet to London
Stations ticket?

If you have a Fleet to London Terminals season ticket this will cover
you to Clapham Junction. *Not sure about the last bit, would probably
say yes but I am sure one of our routing guide experts will be along
to comment shortly!

*waves*.

Fleet to London Terminals tickets are routed by maps CS and WR, or by
map WX. Map WX covers Fleet to Clapham Junction (it's basically the
SWT map), but not beyond - it only gets you into Waterloo or Victoria.

Maps CS and WR cover the GWML route into London via Reading and
Slough. They also allow you to travel via Hayes, Kensington Olympia
and Clapham into Waterloo. If you were to go this way, and catch one
of the occasional XC services that takes the route, then this'd get
you as far as Olympia... however, you'd still have to pay gbp3 for the
return Olympia-Shepherds Bush fare, as well as taking a ridiculous
route.

So it sounds like a Fleet to Clapham off-peak return at gbp11.20 and a
Clapham to Shepherds Bush off-peak return at gbp3 are the way forward.
No idea why the through fare is so expensive tho'.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org