Old December 4th 08, 02:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] philipclark25@googlemail.com is offline

Default Fares to Shepherd's Bush Overground

On 4 Dec, 14:51, John B wrote:
On Dec 4, 2:27*pm, wrote:

Maps CS and WR cover the GWML route into London via Reading and
Slough. They also allow you to travel via Hayes, Kensington Olympia
and Clapham into Waterloo.

Thx. I thought it might be valid on the WLL, I think I might have
used my old season ticket to Olympia before, hadn't really realised
that was where the validity ended.

So it sounds like a Fleet to Clapham off-peak return at gbp11.20 and a
Clapham to Shepherds Bush off-peak return at gbp3 are the way forward.

I'm on a Network card so it will be a £16 return or a travelcard.

No idea why the through fare is so expensive tho'.

It looks like there are now only TfL fares on that route, not NR ones,
and you can't combine them with a super off peak.

So for some reason it seems you can book "anytime return to CJ +
anytime return from CJ to SB" or "off peak return to CJ + anytime
return from CJ to SB" but not "super off peak return to CJ + anytime
return from CJ to SB".

The NRE website doesn't give the London Stations fare for Olympia
either.

Oh how I miss my season ticket, it was all much easier then!
(Especially now you can use Oyster on the WLL)