Old December 8th 03, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Is it just me or has the tube gone down the tubes?

In message , CJG Now
Thankfully Living In The North writes
[...]
Because London Underground has to by law provide at least 3 people
doing nothing at ticket gates as well as 2 people on platforms doing
nothing

Which law would that be?
I need to quote it the very next time I see a manager.

and not to mention the many thousands of staff it has to
employ across the network to sit in the infomation kiosk reading The
Sun (Obviously News Of The World on Sundays)

We only ever read the Metro because it's free and on Sundays we read the
previous week's copies with the help of the big dictionary that's
usually chained up in the supervisor's office, to look up the long
words..

sadly it does not have
the resources in order to employ people (or pay for a contractor to
screw London Underground out of loads of money for doing a rubbish job
and then not bother to do anything about the contractor) to empty bins
then it must of course cry about terrorism meaning they can't put bins
on stations or on trains. And you commuters must take your rubbish
home with you and if the trains and stations are covered in rubbish
and grattifi and attract rats then its not their fault.

No, can't blame the rats; they have rights too.

Its them
horrible commuters who insit on bringing newspapers to read.

Of course!
Why didn't I think of that?
But who brings the half eaten burgers, beer cans and piles of vomit?
Bet it's those evil rats again.. course, it could be those diabolical
pigeons!
I'm pretty sure they're the ones who make the puddles at the end of our
eastbound late at night...

The threat of terrorism isn't going to vanish because there are no
bins on stations. Here is a radical approach to Central London deep
underground station and train cleaniness. Instead of having idle
Startion Assistants sitting around stations all day. Outside of rush
hours having them cleaning the stations. Get them on a train for a few
stops collecting rubbish and then get them on a train back to their
station where they work.

And put all those GBM cleaners out of work?
You are a heartless beast.
Don't mind giving it a try though; I've always wanted to have a go with
one of those picky-up things they use...
(more fun than the sticky-stick in between trains)
--
Kat Frogs have it easy. They can eat what bugs them.