Old December 4th 08, 03:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

"Roland Perry" wrote in
Just imagine *you* are planning an East-West high capacity, high frequency
rail service, and you have a free choice of terminus, and go for it!

My first choice would be Stratford, with the existing inbound trains all
stopping there before terminating at Liverpool St. If that's too close to
London, use Gidea Park (the original inner suburban terminus) again
interchanging with all the inbound trains there. Shenfield is OK, but a
bit of a luxury in terms of build cost, and inconveniently distant if the
Crossrail trains are all-station-stoppers.

Stratford makes perfect sense to me; indeed, I find it distinctly weird that
there is no proposed link to HS1 - that's one of several reasons why I am
convinced the map will change once the thing is built.
--

Andrew

"She plays the tuba.
It is the only instrument capable