Old December 4th 08, 07:21 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Dr Zoidberg[_2_] Dr Zoidberg[_2_] is offline

Default Buses waiting time and blocking the road

"Depresion" 127.0.0.1 wrote in message
et...

wrote in message
I dont know if it is related to the economic situation but recently I
have found that a lot more buses are waiting time at bus stops. Is
this strictly speaking legal. They load up then wait for about a
minute before moving off delaying the traffic behind. Maybe there are
more buses running early as there is less traffic on the road but are
they allowed to just stop at a bus stop.

It would be better if they just kept on going. If they get to their
destination early then maybe the timetable needs changing rather than
hogging the road for no good reason.

There is a simple solution, force bus companies to install bus stops that
are 100% out of traffic flow and ban them from stopping where they don't.

Bus companies don't have the right to build laybys wherever they need a stop
and on many routes there wouldn't be any place to put them , or alternative
locations to use
--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"