Old December 4th 08, 11:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Photography at railway stations

In article ,
(Ian Jelf) wrote:

What I didn't say on my first reply on the subject was that quoting
the Network Rail guidelines would leave Marc open to not having
"reported in" when arriving on the station. The fact that he was
there merely to change trains and took an "opportunist" photograph
outlines this actually rather significant "hole" in the guidelines
themselves.

Nothing in what Marc quoted from Network Rail requires any form of
reporting in.

I share the concerns reported here of little Hitlers on railway stations.

I was threatened with not being allowed on a rail replacement bus at
Royston this week because I suggested the member of FCC platform staff
hand out passenger charter forms to the waiting passengers to start
filling in while they were waiting. There was a broken rail at Meldreth.

In the end what a number of us, including the driver of our train, had
first suggested, to arrange wrong line running from Royston to Foxton, was
indeed arranged and we got to Cambridge by train after all.

The NXEA staff there were gleefully handing out Passenger Charter claim
forms to passengers as we arrived. I wonder how many were completed,
though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel