Old December 5th 08, 06:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

In message
Martin Edwards wrote:

Graeme Wall wrote:
In message
Tom Anderson wrote:

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, 1506 wrote:

On Dec 3, 10:02 am, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 3 Dec, 17:46, 1506 wrote:

I didn't think there were too many left in NYC. I can only recall one
short section in Manhattan. Do the other Boroughs have many Els left?
Brooklyn is chockablock with them, and I think most of the Subway
network in Queen's is elevated.

(also, I'd question whether you can build a true El with brick
viaducts, given the lack of space underneath them)
Point taken, although I wonder what options were available in the 1860s?
Piles of compacted commoners.

Like the Chiswick flyover you mean?

Must be a good bridge (Kipling)

It's made of cake???

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.