Old December 5th 08, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Brimstone[_4_] Brimstone[_4_] is offline

Default Buses waiting time and blocking the road

Paul Weaver wrote:
On 4 Dec, 21:07, Peter Heather wrote:
On Dec 4, 3:11 pm, David Hansen
wrote: On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 06:50:32 -0800 (PST) someone who may be
wrote this:-

I dont know if it is related to the economic situation but
recently I have found that a lot more buses are waiting time at
bus stops. Is this strictly speaking legal.

Yes.

Actually, the answer could well be NO. It depends on the wording in
the traffic order, assuming that there is an order in force and that
there are yellow or red lines on the road at that point. Some, but
not all, traffic orders state that a bus can stop to pick up or set
down passengers at a stop, but there could well be no provision to
wait at that point beyond doing so. Also, if there is no reference
to a bus stop in the order, then a bus has no more right than any
other vehicle to wait on a restricted stretch of road. I've known
over-enthusiastic parking attendants in at least one nameless Inner
London borough to ticket buses while they stood at a stop with no
passengers in sight.

Almost every day I see at least one bus "broken down" at a bus stop,
doors closed, driver reading the paper, hazards flashing away.

Buses must be very unreliable

Are you certain that it's broken down?