Old December 6th 08, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] philipclark25@googlemail.com is offline

Default Who to complain to about fares?

On 5 Dec, 16:09, "Paul Scott" wrote:

SWT only introduced SOPs for journeys from outside the London fare zones, to
stations on line of route towards and including London Terminals (Waterloo
effectively). *I think you'll get knocked back - you'll find they won't sell
you an SOP anywhere else on the WLL, they don't come up for Olympia or
Willesden Junction either. I suspect it's basically because the leg beyond
CJ up the WLL is someone elses to price, eg LO, and they don't do SOPs. *[Or
in the convoluted manner of the modern railway it could even be SN, LM or
Virgin!]

But according to the NRE website, the WLL doesn't do OP returns
either, the only price given is an Anytime ticket at £1.50 single or
£3.00 return. So why can I get an OP return from Fleet but not an SOP
return? I can obviously buy a ticket where Fleet-CJn is priced as an
OP return and CJn-SB as Anytime, but not a combined SOP/Anytime
ticket.

Thanks for the other info about tickets, its very helpful. Up to June
this yeat I had a Fleet-London Stns Gold Card so I was a bit insulated
from all this: I obviously never needed to by a ticket towards London,
and I got the benefit of daytime and evening discounts.