Old December 7th 08, 03:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default TfL 2009 fares leaflet

On 7 Dec, 16:19, MIG wrote:
So if you go to Stratford, do whatever you need to do in half an hour,
and then go back home from Stratford, you could end up being charged 2
x £4 instead of 2 x £1.50 (or whatever the new fares are) for the
original journey not being completed in 2½ hours and an unresolved
touch out when you get home.

Why Stratford? You can't get out of the station without actually
touching out. Have you had this problem there?

If it was somewhere like Shepherd's Bush and you arrived by
Overground, popped into Waitrose (or Morrisson's) and left by
Underground, you'd be more likely to run into it.

It seems to me that if all the touches are recorded, the system should
be able to recalculate the OOS as two journeys.

As far as I can tell, when you touch back in, it has to decide there
and then whether to reopen the previous journey. Recalculating
retroactively seems to be beyond the capabilities of the current
system.