Old December 7th 08, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

On Dec 7, 8:31*pm, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 7 Dec, 19:25, wrote:

But if the location fits otherwise it could have the facilities added.

They're completely rebuilding Maidenhead, Shenfield and West Drayton
to act as termini, so the "lack of facilities" argument doesn't
actually wash. It's the most sensible operationally, which in this
case is all stations to Shenfield.

That said, I've decided all Crossrail trains will terminate at
Stratford. The people of Essex can go to their rooms and think about
what they've done.

I've got no problem at all with terminating at Shenfield, where
Crossrail simply replaces existing services and links local stations
with a station where several longer distance services stop.

It's Maidenhead I have the problem with, whatever the excuses. If
extending to Reading puts the whole project at risk, they might as
well just terminate everything at Paddington and save on duplicating
services to reach Reading. (It's not just Twyford and the Henley
branch, it's the need to have something to change to at Maidenhead if
you get on at any of the local stations.)