Old December 8th 08, 08:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Campbell Smith[_2_] Peter Campbell Smith[_2_] is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

In article , (Peter
Campbell Smith) wrote:

I spent a while shuttling between various industrial sites around
Paris and the RER really is a boon for that: in London it would
have been train-tube-
train, but in Paris it was typically one quick change at Chatelet.

wrote in
:

Chatelet is so spread out that the idea of "one quick change" is a bit
implausible.

The RER platforms are close together; in one direction it's cross-platform
for a N-S to E-W change (line A to B/D) and in the other it's at the next
platform. But by 'quick change' I was really meaning that the frequency on
the RER is such that you rarely have to wait long for a train.

But I agree that if you need to change to the Metro it's a bit of a hike,
and as for Gare du Nord ...

Peter

--
Peter Campbell Smith ~ London ~ pjcs00 (a) gmail.com