Old December 8th 08, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default TfL 2009 fares leaflet

On Dec 8, 12:08 pm, MIG wrote:
I don't think the Oyster problems are necessarily as cynical as all
that.

I do. Think about it - if someone hasn't touched out for a number of
hours then they've probably left the system anyway somehow without
having to do it - in which case they'll just get a penalty fair next
time they touch in anyway - or they're delayed or waiting for friends/
family inside the gates somewhere. I simply can't think of any good
reason for this surcharge other than to cynically extract more money
from passengers, knowing full well that most people won't bother to
check how much money has been taken off when they exit and even if
they did probably wouldn't realise they'd been scammed.

However, I do get frustrated by the refusal to fix the problems once
they emerge and have simple solutions.

Simple - if it makes TfL/LU more money then its not seen as a problem.

B2003