Old December 8th 08, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

On Dec 8, 12:35*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
03:59:56 on Mon, 8 Dec 2008, MIG remarked:

It would be less good for the people of the part of east London that many
Londoners erroneously refer to as Essex, of course.

Brentwood is the first station in Essex on that line, as I recall.

Within the current administrative county of Essex, yes.

There have only ever been administrative boundaries. I've never
understood why past administrative boundaries are deemed to have more
significance than current ones and somehow represent eg the "real"
Essex.