Old December 8th 08, 07:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 16:01:51
on Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Tom Anderson remarked:
Brentwood is the first station in Essex on that line, as I recall.

Correct. And as the only station in Essex which wouldn't have fast trains
to Stratford [1], they would be particularly hard done by.

That's the current situation I think.

[1] This is probably not true.

Wildly untrue. None of the stations between Shenfield and Southend have
fast trains to London, for example.

Really? The next train to leave Prittlewell, the 2048, calls all stops
to Shenfield, then Romford, Stratford and Liverpool Street, taking 16
minutes to get from Shenfield to Stratford - which i'd consider fast.
Would you not? Perhaps you'd call this semi-fast? This illustrates the
terminological difficulties we recently touched on in another thread!

Although if you'd said "between Fenchurch Street and Southend", you'd have
nailed me, of course.

tom

--
blackguard, coward, git, guttersnipe, hooligan, ignoramus, liar, rat,
swine, stoolpigeon, and traitor