Old December 8th 08, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

"Roland Perry" wrote :
Town Hall, 128-142 High Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 1DD
Town Hall, 128-142 High Road, Ilford, Outer Mongolia, IG1 1DD

Neither of them are correct. Both of them would get delivered correctly.

One has additions which are helpful (to the public if not the Post
Office's automatic sorting machine), the other is comedy.

Incorrect, actually.

Since the day that Tony Benn introduced postcodes, adding the 'county' has
been a waste of ink. It's utterly redundant to the sorting process and the
postman on his round.

And I fail to see how it helps anybody else, especially in and around
London, when several Essex, Kent and Surrey addresses (not to mention 100%
of Middlesex), are actually part of Greater London.

County has a historical value for those who value local history, such as Men
of Kent and Kentish Men plus Yorkshire Folk, but to most normal human
beings, the county is an irrelevance.

Sorry.
--

Andrew

Interviewer: Tonight I'm interviewing that famous nurse, Florence
Nightingale
Tommy Cooper (dressed as a nurse): Sir Florence Nightingale
Interviewer: *Sir* Florence Nightingale?
Tommy Cooper: I'm a Night Nurse

Campaign For The Real Tommy Cooper