Old December 8th 08, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote ...
It was actually in 1996 the requirement was dropped, long after Tony Benn.
Indeed some of the 1972 Local Government Act changes were incorporated
into the postal addresses - "Avon" was a particularly unpopular one.

I know nothing (and could care less) about governmental 'requirements' -
whether they 'required it' or not, it has been superfluous since the
seventies.

I suspect the 1996 change merely codified the day to day reality of the
previous thirty-odd years.

That's the level of efficiency I've come to expect form government
bureaucracy.
--

Andrew

Interviewer: Tonight I'm interviewing that famous nurse, Florence
Nightingale
Tommy Cooper (dressed as a nurse): Sir Florence Nightingale
Interviewer: *Sir* Florence Nightingale?
Tommy Cooper: I'm a Night Nurse

Campaign For The Real Tommy Cooper