Old December 9th 08, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

John Rowland wrote:
Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:
Andrew Heenan wrote:

And I fail to see how it helps anybody else, especially in and
around London, when several Essex, Kent and Surrey addresses (not
to mention 100% of Middlesex), are actually part of Greater London.

Not all of Middlesex - Spelthorne was put into Surrey and the postal
counties never updated to that. But I agree it only adds to
confusion.

And the Potters Bar part of Middlesex was given to Hertfordshire
(which meant that the boundary between Barnet and Potters Bar went
from having Hertfordshire on the south side only to having
Hertfordshire on the north side only).

I wonder if any "Welcome to Hertfordshire" signs were removed from
their poles and refitted to the same poles facing the other way?

There were no such welcomes in those days!

--
Colin Rosenstiel