Old December 9th 08, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Andrew Heenan wrote:

Letters addressed to:
Town Hall, 128-142 High Road, Ilford, IG1 1DD
Town Hall, 128-142 High Road, Ilford, Redbridge, IG1 1DD
Town Hall, 128-142 High Road, Ilford, London, IG1 1DD
Town Hall, 128-142 High Road, Ilford, Redbridge, London, IG1 1DD
Town Hall, 128-142 High Road, Ilford, London Borough of Redbridge, IG1 1DD
Town Hall, 128-142 High Road, Ilford, Nevernever Land, IG1 1DD

As will 128, IG1 1DD

I've never ever include ranges of numbers in the address, and cannot
conceive of any logic (except vanity) for their inclusion.

The council thinks my house, which is number 50, is number 48/50.
Presumably, if they didn't use ranges, they'd address my post to 48. At
least with the range i stand a fighting chance of getting my council tax
bill!

tom

--
The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday
thinking. -- Albert Einstein