Old December 10th 08, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil C Phil C is offline

Default Who to complain to about fares?

On 10 Dec, 00:44, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:
wrote

I checked a fare from Fleet to Rochester. *Before and after 11.00 I
got the same price, where for Fleet-London I would normally pay a
different price due to the OP/SOP differential. *So what price am I
paying for the Fleet leg of a Fleet-Rochester ticket?

Try pricing it as two tickets ?

Two tickets was more expensive, whatever time of day.

Actually I suspect that I'm getting the Cheap Day Return equivalent as
the day return is much the same price as a single. So I think SWT are
pricing at SOP. However I suspect they do something for "near London"
fares to make sure you can't save money by breaking your journey in
London - so a Fleet-Greenwich ticket is £17 and the Fleet-Shep Bush I
mentioned earlier is £16. So these seem to be based on the OP fare. I
can only presume the national fare structure for two-operator journeys
means SWT has to price at one or the other of OP/SOP and they can't
change the price according to the time of day.