Old December 11th 08, 02:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Oyster validity

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 14:01:03 on Thu,
11 Dec 2008, Recliner remarked:
I just bought an oyster on dec 4 08 when does it expire?

Never

Never is a very long time. It will probably "expire" (although "become
useless" is probably a better description) when there are no longer any
gates with backwards compatibility to read them. I'd give it 15 years.

Or they may pass a new law saying that all credit expires a year after
it's added - I think the New York equivalent has that rule.

"The money on your Oyster card never
expires - it stays there until you use it.
However, if your card is not used for
2 years, you will have to reactivate it or
claim back any unused cash by calling
the Oyster helpline..."

RTFM at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...oyster.pdfPaul S