Old December 11th 08, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster validity

In message , at 15:40:38 on
Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Paul Scott remarked:
"The money on your Oyster card never
expires - it stays there until you use it.
However, if your card is not used for
2 years, you will have to reactivate it or
claim back any unused cash by calling
the Oyster helpline..."

I never knew that. I must have been lucky that I've inadvertently never
left more than a 2 year gap. Or is it a new idea they've just cooked up?

It seems that this may even be the "warm up" for the processes I hinted
at - you phone to reactivate and they say "actually, we don't do Oyster
any more, but here's how to get your money back, loaded onto a Lobster
Card".