Old December 12th 08, 02:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] davidmetzger0@gmail.com is offline

Default Oyster validity

On Dec 11, 10:30 am, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:01:03 on
Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Recliner remarked:

I just bought an oyster on dec 4 08 when does it expire?

Never

Never is a very long time. It will probably "expire" (although "become
useless" is probably a better description) when there are no longer any
gates with backwards compatibility to read them. I'd give it 15 years.

Or they may pass a new law saying that all credit expires a year after
it's added - I think the New York equivalent has that rule.

Actually its 13 months but i had a ride on an expired metro card the
agent transferred it to a new card