Old December 13th 08, 04:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Waterloo gateline

Walter Briscoe wrote:

I gave up an attempt to use the W&C from Waterloo at about 0830. The crowd
extended to the chocolate shop. I was surprised more people did not
divert. I did not have time to see how long the delay was. BTW, why do
trains to Bank wait outside the station rather than on the platform? This
is particularly noticeable and irritating off-peak.

It's been ten years since I used it for my morning school commute at about
that time, but in general I found that the crowd does move quite a bit once
a train arrives. The regulars soon work out how to work the crowd and get a
train quickly.