Old December 13th 08, 05:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Waterloo gateline

Paul Corfield wrote:

Over the years pressure grew to control fraud on the W&C once it was in
LU control. In theory you could have retained the DLR gateline and put
the new W&C one in but it would mean two sets of gates within
centimetres of each other. Although I was not involved in the actual
implementation of the W&C gates I would guess the argument was that it
was more sensible to put the DLR corridor within the paid area
controlled by the W&C gateline.

I'm a little confused as I thought the DLR corridor was always part of the
paid area. (Is it the passageway ending at that old gateline or am I
thinking of something else?)

The Stratford JLE gateline is always for interchange and affords no
direct exit to the street at all and thus does not have the
complications of Bank to factor in.

Yes but try explaining to anyone how all the various interchange
combinations must be done on Oyster! ;-)