Old December 13th 08, 06:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Waterloo gateline

"Mizter T" wrote ...
Plus it's only a question of time before DLR is under pressure to improve
security, especially once the six-car trains get moving.

By security I take it you mean fare checking (or 'revenue inspection'
- but I dislike that phrase because I think it's very narrow) - not
quite the same thing in my mind but of course they overlap.
Interesting thought - I hadn't considered the difference six car
trains (or three car - depending on how you look at it!) might make to
checking tickets. Most DLR stations simply ain't set up to accomodate
tickets gates, so I dare say that if there is deemed to be an issue
then teams of roving inspectors would fit the bill - I don't think
I've ever come across such a thing on a DLR train actually, though I
have seen ticket checking teams at stations a few times.

In the early days (2 car trains), I rarely travelled without the 'nondriver'
inspecting my ticket; this pretty much died out when they went 4-car.
--

Andrew