Old December 14th 08, 07:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Smartcard readers at stations in Hampshire/Dorset?

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 11:56:11 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

Er Watford Junction is outside the London zones so a Travelcard is not
valid to travel there (a Travelcard plus boundary extension ticket
would be valid though). A Travelcard issued *from* Watford Junction is
valid for a single return journey from WJ into the zones - but then so
is a Travelcard issued *from* Milton Keynes (I presume such things
exist).

They do indeed, I have one right next to me. Just as they do from
every other ex-NSE station.

That said, given that Watford Jn is now in "Zone 9", the same as
Watford Met, does there exist a 1-9 ODTC that might also be valid (on
LM as well?) as well as the normal outboundary Travelcard which is
effectively a 1-6 plus a CDR?

Neil

--
Neil Williams