Old December 14th 08, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo gateline

In article ,
(Neil Williams) wrote:

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 08:07:27 -0600,

wrote:

I can confirm that we only have Anytime Singles between Cambridge and
London now.

I assume and suspect that the reason for this is that the Off-Peak Day
Return is priced higher than the Anytime Single. Off-Peak Singles
only tend to occur on the railway when it would otherwise
anomalously
be the case that a return is cheaper than a single, and when they do
occur they tend to be priced at 5p less than the associated return.

Until the nomenclature changes earlier this year it was a Cheap Day Single
at the same price. Then and now it's £11.80 with railcard discount,
compared to £11.90 for a CDR/Off-peak Day Return.

From January it will be £12.60 compared to £13.20, however.

--
Colin Rosenstiel