Old December 16th 08, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Stratford platform changes

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message
I've just had an email referring to plans to move the Stratford London
Overground platforms from 2009/01/02.

I phoned the number given in that leaflet to ask what was planned for the
current platforms. It seems they will be used for a DLR extension.

They certainly are. The DLR extension was the rationale behind the NLL
withdrawal from North Woolwich back in 2006, and the NLL 'move upstairs' has
been planned ever since the DLR project was approved.

The person who answered was not able to answer my next question: will the
Main Ticket Hall and the Jubilee Line Concourse be joined on the level
rather than via escalators, lifts and stairs as currently happens?

No, because the DLR tracks to/from Stratford International will still pass
through the station as present, although apparently the DLR platform areas
will start a bit south of the existing ones.

http://developments.dlr.co.uk/extens...ford/index.asp

Paul