Old December 16th 08, 02:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default Waterloo gateline

On Dec 13, 1:56*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On 13 Dec, 11:15, Roland Perry wrote:

In message 01c95cc0$991a8ca0$LocalHost@default, at 01:21:36 on Sat, 13
Dec 2008, Michael R N Dolbear remarked:

Is there such a thing as a Off-peak Single ?

Depends on the route. I've found them to be less prevalent near London.

There isn't for Richmond to London.

That's a fare that falls within the London zonal fares regime *- since
January 2007 all National Rail fares in the London zones, regardless
of TOC, are priced set according to a zonal fare scale (though still
issued on a point-to-point basis).

The only tickets available for such journeys are Anytime Singles,
Anytime Day Returns and Off-Peak Returns (aka CDRs) - plus of course
Travelcards and Oyster PAYG on a limited number of routes (and indeed
LU fares on a few routes that have interavailable ticketing).

Personally I think this is the worst of both worlds-no oyster PAYG,
zonal fares as on the tube, but they can't be used zonally- so you
couldn't use a Bromley South-"Zone 4" single to either Beckenham
Junction or Hill, depending on which came first. (Not a brilliant
example, but you get the idea- London Terminals to West Dulwich
couldn't be used at Tulse Hill). I think this was a massively
premature step towards full integration of the fare system, since
they're now saying 'late 2009' for Oyster PAYG.