Old December 16th 08, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default Touching in on route 18

Mizter T wrote:

However one thing that's worth bearing in mind is that Oyster-derived
usage data is used by TfL to assess demand and ridership on the bus
network (I read that somewhere in a TfL board paper a while back) - so
perhaps it's worth touching-in anyway just so as to ensure your
journey gets counted.

I've got an Annual 1 to 4 Travelcard, and I *always* touch in and out
where appropriate precisely for that reason. It's a valuable source of
travel data, and more accurate than the travelcard diaries they give out
at stations now and again, at least for journeys that involve using some
form of reader.

Cheers,

Barry