Old December 16th 08, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo gateline

In article ,
(Clive D. W. Feather) wrote:

In article ,
writes
I expect that the automatic wide gates will be bi-directional
though based on other stations.

Which other station? None of the wide gates I know are bi-directional
but they are mainly FCC or TfL gates.

How about the FCC gates at Huntingdon?

No idea. Never used that station. It's not a lot of use to me, living in
Cambridge.

For each of the two gatelines, the two narrow gates are set for one
direction or the other (usually both the same way in the peaks, one
each way at quiet times), but the wide gate is always left in
first-come-first-served mode, so in the peak it is the *only* way
to pass the gateline in the contra-peak direction *but* remains
available for peak travellers needing it.

--
Colin Rosenstiel