Old December 16th 08, 09:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Smartcard readers at stations in Hampshire/Dorset?

In message
Arthur Figgis wrote:

[snip]

We got griped with the wrong pattern of boxes on a tram en route to
Scheveningen. He was mainly amused at our inability to pronounce it - a
known issue for non-Dutch speakers, but we'll get our revenge when he
needs to go to Loogboroog.

Apparently the Dutch resistance used the name as a password because even a
German who was fluent in Dutch couldn't pronounce it properly.

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.