Old December 17th 08, 02:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jan Buxton Jan Buxton is offline

Default The lifting of travel / ticket restrictions this Xmas ?

Mizter T wrote:
[x-posted to uk.transport.london]
[the London interest is the bit at the bottom of the post about
Travelcards]

+ Virgin Trains: Only found a mention of it in a PDF of the 'West
Coast Update' handout (again via a Google site search), couldn't find
anything on a conventional webpage at all - and it is only mentioned
at the end of the couple of paragraphs headed 'Tickets' on page 2 or 3
(depends how you're counting it!) where it says:
"Also, there will be no restrictions on Saver tickets from 1100 on 21
December through to 01 January."

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/img/ab...U_Dec_2007.pdf

Note the use of the old Saver terminology - that should now be "Off-
peak"!

+ NXEC: Again I only found this NXEC page via a Google site search:

http://www.nationalexpresseastcoast....-and-New-Year/

But stupidly I can't find that paged linked to from the NXEC homepage
nor from the 'Travel Information' section's main page to which it
supposedly belongs.

Also, again, the page uses the old pre-'simplification' ticket names
of Saver, Cheap Day, Supersaver etc...

Mmm, when these webpages were created those were the terminology. Note
the date on that Virgin link...

--
Jan