Old December 17th 08, 03:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default The lifting of travel / ticket restrictions this Xmas ?

On 17 Dec, 15:05, Jan Buxton wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
[x-posted to uk.transport.london]
[the London interest is the bit at the bottom of the post about
Travelcards]

+ Virgin Trains: Only found a mention of it in a PDF of the 'West
Coast Update' handout (again via a Google site search), couldn't find
anything on a conventional webpage at all - and it is only mentioned
at the end of the couple of paragraphs headed 'Tickets' on page 2 or 3
(depends how you're counting it!) where it says:
"Also, there will be no restrictions on Saver tickets from 1100 on 21
December through to 01 January."

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/img/ab...U_Dec_2007.pdf

Note the use of the old Saver terminology - that should now be "Off-
peak"!

+ NXEC: Again I only found this NXEC page via a Google site search:

http://www.nationalexpresseastcoast....mation/Travell...

But stupidly I can't find that paged linked to from the NXEC homepage
nor from the 'Travel Information' section's main page to which it
supposedly belongs.

Also, again, the page uses the old pre-'simplification' ticket names
of Saver, Cheap Day, Supersaver etc...

Mmm, when these webpages were created those were the terminology. Note
the date on that Virgin link...

Argh, yes, good point - the Virgin trains 'West Coast Update' pamphlet
is indeed from 2007. Tried again and I can't find anything on their
website for '08. Poor show.

However the NXEC webpage is undated, but it does speak of how they
will be "operating revised timetables from 20 December to 4 January
inclusive" - that does fit with the dates this year, i.e. Saturday 20
Dec to Sunday 4 Jan - i.e. the two weeks of festivities bookended by
weekends. So I reckon it's up to date, though somewhat inexplicably it
doesn't appear to be linked to from any other NXEC webpage which is
less than helpful.

And the XC webpage explicitly has days and dates, e.g. "Saturday 20
until Wednesday 24 December", so I'm pretty sure that's information
for Xmas 2008.