Old December 17th 08, 06:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default The lifting of travel / ticket restrictions this Xmas ?

On 17 Dec, 19:11, Mr Thant
wrote:

On 17 Dec, 14:56, Mizter T wrote:

What I am interested about is what the deal is if you were to travel
on say an FCC train from Peterborough (you could even have changed
there from an NXEC train from Grantham or Newark) to Finsbury Park and
then change - it would obviously not be legit for you to use the
Underground before 0930, but what about another FCC train in to
Moorgate? Or - perhaps a better example - what if you were to travel
down on an FCC stopper to Welwyn, change and then take another stopper
in to Alexandra Palace? In both cases you would be in 'Travelcard
territory' with a ticket that's not really valid until 0930. Unless of
course it would be legit as long as you stayed on FCC trains - or
perhaps it's simply more likely that this exemption only applies to
journeys in to London on NXEC trains, and not FCC trains, from those
three start points (Peterborough, Grantham, Newark).

You've got to assume the relaxation applies all the way to London
Terminals, and that gets FCC to KX and Moorgate and the Victoria and
Piccadilly Lines from Finsbury Park to KX, and the Northern Line and
H&C/Circle/Met to Old Street and Moorgate due to interavailability
rules. Of course this also assumes the relaxation is for the ticket
type in general and not just for NXEC services.

Good point. On reflection, think it likely that it is an NXEC only
easement. It would be good if the text on the webpage was explicit
about such things, though I think it unlikely many people would wish
to use it in the way I've described.

Anyway, regarding those interavailibility rules - we've had discussion
on here about them in the past, and it would appear that technically
speaking any 'north of London' - London Terminals ticket (such as
Glasgow to London) would be valid on the LU for the journeys you
describe. I can't imagine that LU gates, gateline staff or RPIs would
concede this, at least not without a fuss - and such long distance
journeys are unmistakeably not the target audience of these LU
interavailability rules. However I can't quite see how such long-
distance journeys could be explicitly excluded from these
interavailability rules without breaking the whole routeing guide!