Old December 17th 08, 10:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Coffee & ITSO

Mizter T wrote

Anyway, when it comes to buying low value items (apart from local
fares where Oyster is a boon), I've never had any particular issues
with using cash! From Mondex onwards, cashless payment systems for
small purchases seems to have been regarded as the holy grail (see

all
the notions of cashless payment by mobile or 'm-payments') - I wonder
if it isn't just technology desperately looking for a use...

I paid all I had, £1.17, for a large coffee the other day 'cause the
guy hadn't change for £10.

If you haven't had problems with "exact money only" and "no change
given" you must carry about a fair bit of cash. Hence the schemes for
parking and parking meter payment with mobile phones ?

What we haven't got is an easy method for micropayments, less than £2
say and especially over the phone and over the net.

--
Mike D