Old December 10th 03, 01:08 AM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Access Systems Access Systems is offline

Default Paratransit Speed

In misc.transport.urban-transit Robert Woolley wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:03:32 -0000, Access Systems
wrote:
unfortunately for some stupid reason most of those buses do not actually
have the ramp installed.

http://www.transportforlondon.gov.uk...lowfloor.shtml

there are some 5,600 fully accessible buses in service in London,
compared to a quoted figure on MTA's web page at

LOW floor does not = accessible

The vast majority of these have ramps.

Low floor plus ramp looks pretty accessible to me.

low floor with ramp is accessible, unless a lot of ramps have been
retrofitted the first couple thousand low floors were delived without the
ramps....will double check with my source in London.

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety", Benjamin Franklin
ASCII Ribbon Campaign accessBob
NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail
NO MSWord docs in e-mail Access Systems, engineers
NO attachments in e-mail, *LINUX powered* access is a civil right
privileged. They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named