Old December 18th 08, 11:47 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jan Buxton Jan Buxton is offline

Default The lifting of travel / ticket restrictions this Xmas ?

Neil Williams wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 22:58:17 +0000, Jan Buxton
wrote:

The only thing in the latest Newsrail Express relating to Virgin is that
they are reinstating the no break of journey allowed on outward journey
restriction for various off-peak tickets including the 2C (ie PRE-EUS)
and 3A (ie LAN-EUS) restrictions.

Odd. I wonder are TOCs actually losing revenue over the "slackened"
BoJ restrictions? Or are they intending to use it to stop people
starting long/ending short on the outward and thus avoiding
restrictions?

Well certainly with the NFM02 time restrictions anyone travelling from
Preston for example who thought they might need to leave London between
3 and 6 would have been a fool not to have bought a Lancaster ticket.
And maybe Virgin saw that, maybe they've noticed a lot of people doing
that these last three months anyway. That said it is more than that
route I think, its quite a list of restrictions, off sick from work so
can't remember right now. Ultimately it must come down to perceived lost
revenue.

--
Jan