Old December 18th 08, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default LT Goldcard

On Dec 18, 9:18*pm, Mizter T wrote:
[x-posted to uk.railway]
[original thread at uk.transport.london]

On 18 Dec, 20:20, "philip" wrote:

For the first time I am going to buy an annual season on Jan 1st to beat the
fare increase. I just need a Zone 1 and 2 travelcard in London which I
should really pick up from LU at my local station, Canada Water. I believe
that qualifies me for a Gold Card with all the usual perks.
However, before I invest this not inconsiderable sum of money, I was
wondering that if I bought an Oyster Travelcard from one of the TOCs, would
I get even more perks. I could consider purchasing it at any station in
Zones 1 and 2.
Has anyone any suggestions or will I already get the best deal from LU.? By
the way, I would need an Oyster Card and not a paper ticket as I often go
over the Zone 2 boundary on PAYG.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Good question, one that I've wondered about in the past. First off,
obviously the only National Rail ticket offices that deal with Oyster
whatsoever are at stations where Oyster PAYG is accepted.

And Lewisham, for some reason, although I think the ticket office can
only do it by going off somewhere away from the counter, so not ideal
to ask for if there's a queue behind you.