Old December 19th 08, 09:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Coffee & ITSO

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:33:35 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Indeed. And London is now usable for ad hoc bus journeys: you can get
on a bus headed in roughly the right direction, slap your Oyster or
wave your day Travelcard, and then look out the window for either
where you're going or an alarming turn off the obvious route.
Contrast the shambles that is Birmingham, where the system is
essentially unusable even for residents: I've used more buses recently
in each of London, New York, Tokyo, all blessed with various pre-pay
systems, than I have in my own city.

Though you'd have less need of it in Brum city centre because it is,
unlike London, very compact.

Neil

--
Neil Williams