Old December 19th 08, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default Aston-Martin Boris bus

Recliner wrote:
Surprised no-one's posted this story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7790082.stm (complete with
pics)

Aston Martin designs Routemaster

"I have yet to hear one convincing argument for why London needs a new
double-decker bus and until Boris comes up with some, Londoners will see
this as little more than a vanity project."

Possibly because it's daft? Of all the pointless things to do, this has
to take something of the biscuit. I've talked to the father of one of
the winners, who's a bus enthusiast, and a friend of mine's talked to
one of the others and neither of them particularly think it's a great
way to go about designing a bus, but it doesn't do your profile any harm
competing. I am truly scared as to how expensive bus travel's going to
be in London in five years time with this kind of profligate idiocy
going on. Leather seats, solar panels and a conductor?

Tom