Old December 19th 08, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default london_from_above_at_night.html

wrote:
In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

wrote:
In article

,
(Mizter T) wrote:

And why on earth aren't there any Circuses at the Elephant?

It's Sarf Lunnon, innit? No circuses there. Or have I got it wrong?

What sort of Englishman forgets Saint George!

I thought of St George actually but UK Streetmap and Multimap don't
seem to recognise it. I guess their search algorithms get confused by
"St".

So, like all good rules it is proved by its exception.

Is there really a rule about no circuses in South London? Along with St
George's Circus, I can think of Royal Circus, Culling Circus, York Circus,
Charleville Circus and Queens Circus.