Old December 19th 08, 04:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default london_from_above_at_night.html

On 19 Dec, 15:46, "John Rowland"

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

wrote:

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

And why on earth aren't there any Circuses at the Elephant?

It's Sarf Lunnon, innit? No circuses there. Or have I got it wrong?

What sort of Englishman forgets Saint George!

I thought of St George actually but UK Streetmap and Multimap don't
seem to recognise it. I guess their search algorithms get confused by
"St".

So, like all good rules it is proved by its exception.

Is there really a rule about no circuses in South London? Along with St
George's Circus, I can think of Royal Circus, Culling Circus, York Circus,
Charleville Circus and Queens Circus.

There be no such rule!

And when it comes to Circuses of the big-top variety, there have been
plenty - for example the (rather upmarket) Moscow State Circus was on
Blackheath recently - and I've even been to see a few of their shows
too!

Not sure where the nearest one has set up to the Elephant & Castle
though (in recent years at least) - perhaps Peckham Rye Common is the
closest place.